Miele W4842 Owners - Program Settings Advice
Hi All, assuming I don't choke and cancel my Miele order tomorrow, my machines will arrive on Tuesday and the installers will be here Wednesday.
I have A LOT of laundry to do ... so ... I would like some user advice to avoid too much trial and error on my part (although I know there will be some). I assume you've all found a system that works for you (some of you working around the Normal setting with no heater).
Could you please provide advice for washer programs to use (temps and spin speeds if different from default), as well as, dryer programs for the following:
1. bath towels - all white - Egyptian cotton
2. tea towels - cotton/linen - I've never done these with a heater so would you use sanitary? Would you do that each time or once in a while? If not every time, what would you do between sanitary washes?
3. bedding - mostly all white sheets. Supima and Egyptian cotton.
4. kids' bedding - currently flannel sheets (white with a dark blue pattern on them)
6. kids' clothes (plus a few of husband's casuals) - mostly cotton - nothing too dirty
7. husband's dress shirts - cotton - I know there is a dress shirt program - assume I would use that?
I'm scared of these high heat washes. If I choose Extra White for white cotton sheets or white towels will they shrink?
Also, I get $50 in complimentary Miele Care products (part of the 10 year warranty upgrade). Any products in particular you would recommend trying - knowing that I don't like too much scent. Larsi, I know you like the Delicates Wash so I may give that a try. It smells of rose to me - which I like.
Thanks for your help/direction.