I hate my LG Washer

armjimFebruary 14, 2014

Just came here to vent my frustration. I had the audacity to wash a set of sheets and about 10 bath towels, and the washer took about 20 minutes to settle into the final spin. That included me redistributing the load several times. Rediculous. This has happened to me countless times with this machine which I have owned for 3 years. My previous FL probably did that 3 times in 10 years. The fact that I can not get a true hot wash from the thing makes me rue the day I bought this washer. I am not a big fan of the matching LG dryer either.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Sheets and bath towels generally don't work well together, there's too much disparity in the fabric weight which leads to balancing troubles. Your previous machine apparently was more accepting of a less-than-perfect balance condition (lower maximum spin speed, perhaps?).

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 6:30PM
Gwarstong

Have you checked to make certain the machine's feet are bearing equally or nearly-equally on the floor? If they aren't, the machine's suspension can't do what it's supposed to and your frequency of out-of-balance condition will increase.

I haven't yet encountered a modern FL with this complaint that wasn't made right by doing a dynamic balance. That is, wait for the machine to spin up under load and tweak one of the front feet. Doesn't take much adjustment to make a huge difference but must be done in-operation while spinning under load. Once done, it will stay that way.

Frankly, unless/until you're certain of this, blaming the machine is premature. I haven't yet encountered any installer that hangs around long enough to do this. However, it isn't hard to do and no machine will operate as intended unless those feet can bear properly.

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 7:37PM
Pipersville_Carol

I agree that the install might need tweaking. Our new LG front loader seems to work fine no matter what the load. Haven't had any issues with balance or water heat.

Bookmark   February 16, 2014 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™