Stainless traditional top-load washer?

marys235February 19, 2014

Does anyone make a traditional top-load washer in stainless or gray color? I'm sick of HE washers that don't get your clothes clean, I live alone and only wash maybe 2 small loads per week, so I figure I'm not using that much water anyway. But I do like the gray/stainless washer/dryers, just can't find a traditional set in that color.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whirlpool_trainee

Can't find a set, either. Manufacturers are no longer putting money into conventional top loaders so white is all you can get - unless you go vintage.

Alex

Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 7:05PM
laundryvet

Speed Queen only available in white for top load.

Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 7:10PM
whiteycat

Mary,

I am with you on this. I am probably going to get a new Speed Queen top loader set soon. (I would have loved to get a Miele fl, but in my small city, there are none to look at and no technicians.) So it is back to old school top loader boring white!!!

Maybe you can hire a professional painter to repaint the set. If it is that important to you. I know people have had old refrigerators re-painted.

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 11:31AM
mrb627

You could purchase a machine and then wrap it in stainless steel...

MRB

Here is a link that might be useful: Appliance Wrap

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 12:47PM
dave1812

my FL HE machine gets clothes remarkably clean. If you had a FL that didn't clean well, u either bought the wrong kind or did something else wrong. INHERENTLY, FL's do a better job of getting clothes clean.

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 2:05PM
Patricia43

I don't know anyone personally (and I know a lot of people given all the clubs of which I am a member and all the family members I have) who like the front loaders and all say their clothes do not come clean as they did with the top loaders. I have yet to meet anyone personally who cares for them. Most of them say they are going to the laundromat and their washer is either for sell or for emergency wash. No "real" people, who actually use them, like them. I hear some of the young ladies in my choir group say they like them but it comes down to them not using them and their housekeepers are stuck with these inferior monsters. Even those young ladies who swear by them but do not use them admit they "smell horrible."

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 12:33AM
dadoes

I used a frontloader for a few months and did like it very much. It had an onboard water heater and Sanitary cycle that I used for whites -- cottons, socks, kitchen towels, bath towels and wash cloths, etc. -- everything came out VERY nice.

NO odor.

If I was buying a new washer for myself, it would definitely be a frontloader with onboard water heating.

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 7:13AM
More Discussions
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™