Air conditioner does not blow out cool air anymore

imkvlJuly 21, 2012

I moved to my current home about 11 years ago. �The air conditioner unit Carrier model 48kha, kla was already installed on the roof; I have no ideas when it was installed. �Since moving in I only have it serviced/repaired one time, that was about 7 years ago when I heard kind of a banging noise and then the unit blows out hot/warm air when it supposed to be cooling. �If I recall correctly, the problem was a loose compressor and the service guy repaired. �Since then it been running OK although I do notice the cooling air is not as cool as before over the years and becoming noisier. �Now since yesterday, the air conditioner cannot cool down the house any more (the temperature remain the same after running it for more than 1 hour). �I noticed when I turned on the air blowing out seems cool but after a few minutes it became basically neither cool nor warm. �I also noticed that it does not discharge water (dehumidifying?) since. �What is the likely problem and what is the general cost for this service? �Please advice, thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
imkvl

Sorry for the illegible characters at start of sentences (done from iPhone Notes App). Here is the repost (preview look ok):

I moved to my current home about 11 years ago. The air conditioner unit Carrier model 48kha, kla was already installed on the roof; I have no ideas when it was installed. Since moving in I only have it serviced/repaired one time, that was about 7 years ago when I heard kind of a banging noise and then the unit blows out hot/warm air when it supposed to be cooling. If I recall correctly, the problem was a loose compressor and the service guy repaired. Since then it been running OK although I do notice the cooling air is not as cool as before over the years and becoming noisier. Now since yesterday, the air conditioner cannot cool down the house any more (the temperature remain the same after running it for more than 1 hour). I noticed when I turned on the air blowing out seems cool but after a few minutes it became basically neither cool nor warm. I also noticed that it does not discharge water (dehumidifying?) since. What is the likely problem and what is the general cost for this service? Please advice, thanks!

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
carrier infinity with greenspeed service settings
We just built a new home in central Kansas this year,...
Energywise.ks
Greenspeed, is this setup ideal/ worth it?
I am building up on my house (cape style) in Long Island...
David
Mike_home, is this a good idea? re: thermostat
@mike_home, You wrote this back in 2012 and I just...
cindywhitall
Rheem Econet AC
Does anyone know when the new Rheem econet Ac units...
bdubb5
New Furnace - Keep Previous Excellent Thermostat?
I am replacing a 20-year-old single-stage Carrier gas...
ak0402
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™