Bryant vs. Heil central AC units, condensors and furnaces

camilleddsJune 21, 2011

Can you tell me which one is better and why??? I asked for a Bryant 16 seer unit yet the contractor wants to give me a Heir with the same specs and says it is the same quality. Is that true?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BillDitRight

*most* residential AC compressors, the expensive part in the unit, are made by Copeland. Looks to me like Copeland makes compressors for both Brant and Heil residential AC units. I can't tell you 100% that this would be the case between the 2 you're comparing, but it's a fair bet it would be. Ask your contractor if they have the exact same compressor or not, he probably knows. Make sure the tonnage is the same. MOST importantly make sure the warranty is the same on the Heil as it is the Bryant... double check, is it just parts, or parts AND labor on the warranty cause that'll save you the most in the long run if you do have any issues. From there you want to compare the chassis, are they both just as rugged? Do they both have a hail guard, etc. The link below as a few tips as well.

good luck!
Bill D

Here is a link that might be useful: AC Purchasing Tips

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 5:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_home

Ask the contractor to give you a proposal for both. Have him include the model numbers of the components. You will get comments as to whether the Heil and Bryant components are similiar in features.

Any reason why you are requesting a conderser, coil and furnace with a rating of 16 SEER?

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
Enery efficiency of exposed ductwork?
What are your thoughts on the energy efficiency of...
ccintx
Propane furnace
I am considering replacing propane furnace & A/C...
zver11
$10,000 for a Furnace and A/C? Seems pricey....
Hello, So we bought our house a bit over a year ago...
bonsaicowboy
Geothermal vs Carrier Greenspeed
I am looking to replace my current Heatpump. I have...
mkrafczyk
How to heat this room?
Hi folks! First post in this forum. I live in ec Iowa....
sparky_10
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™