New Bosch 500 detergent cup issues

onmiown3February 10, 2011

Hi all!

Two weeks into owning my first Bosch and I have an issue not addressed in the troubleshooting area of the manual.

This started a few loads ago. When a load is done, we open the detergent drawer to find the liquid detergent cup FULL of water. It's not draining and there is a good 5-6 oz of water in the dispenser. The action of opening the drawer and trying to take out the cup of water ends in two results

1) Water drains all over the floor if the laundry machine door is open.

2) Water drains into the tub if the door is closed. I am then left with a wet tub.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I did pull out a level and check the machine to see if the feet needed adjusting. The machine is still level so that's not it.

FYI, I do use liquid detergent.

Thanks!

Kim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrb627

At the end of the wash day, just pour a cup of hot water through the dispenser drawer. The water should siphon out. The set the machine to drain/spin and the excess will be pumped away.

FYI - Most all detergent drawers will retain some water after the cycle is complete. It's just nature of the beast.

MRB

Bookmark   February 10, 2011 at 12:51PM
onmiown3

Thanks mrb627. We've had a litte water stay in the cup after each wash, but the current amount (5-6 oz aprox) startled me.

Bookmark   February 10, 2011 at 1:33PM
onmiown3

Thanks mrb627. We've had a litte water stay in the cup after each wash, but the current amount (5-6 oz aprox) startled me.

Bookmark   February 10, 2011 at 2:00PM
More Discussions
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™