Older Miele washer dryer question

potteryladyFebruary 6, 2011

This seems like the place I have seen the most info about older Miele washers and dryers. Miele customer service could help me but I hope someone here can straighten me out. I am considering purchasing a used Miele washer and dryer. The person selling it said it is a Miele Delux Elec Model 1040. Miele customer service said they have no info on that model and to ask the seller to get a model # from the tag on inside of the door. Well, I have asked twice and the seller insists the model is Delux Elec 1040. They were purchased in 1996. Can anyone tell me more about these machines ? I would like to know more about them before I drive 2 hours.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
covingtoncat

Is there some reason why they won't give you the model #? Not a good sign, IMO. I'd actually request a close up photo of the number for verification purposes.

Bookmark   February 6, 2011 at 1:46PM
potterylady

The seller believes that she is giving the correct model # because she is reading what it says on the front exterior of the machine rather than the tag inside the door (as I suggested).The photo shows the machines in a storage area and is not a close up. I don't think a close up photo is possible.

Bookmark   February 6, 2011 at 3:30PM
covingtoncat

If Miele says they need the inside number, then I'd try again with the seller if you're really interested. Good Luck.

Bookmark   February 6, 2011 at 5:50PM
sshrivastava

If the seller can't do a simple thing like give you the model number from the door label, move on.

Bookmark   February 6, 2011 at 6:18PM
cimberlie_desade

It is not a model number Miele customer service wants, but the serial number. It is printed on the plate located normally near the porthole opening of a washing machine or dryer.

From the serial number Miele can research the history of the particular appliance (past repair history, date of purchase/install, and so forth), as the number is used on all invoices and repair work orders.

IIRC, Miele did not use serial numbers before the 19XX series sold in the United States. My W1070 for instance does not have one, and it took awhile to get Miele customer service to understood Older technicans got,the new/younger ones do not and simply read whatever is printed in front of them in terms of prompting for customer information.

If the seller will or cannot tell you the serial number, simply ask if they will take a digital picture of the plate and email. Just make sure the print is readable.

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 3:30AM
lee676

Not a model intended for sale in the U.S.?

Verify that it runs on 60Hz not 50Hz.

Bookmark   February 12, 2011 at 12:24PM
rmccord120133_aol_com

dryer model #T1520 MIELE NOVOTRONIC T1520.

Condition: "on" button depressed, program setting applied,'hit' start button - dryer does not operate.
burnt oder occurs.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 2:10PM
sshrivastava

60 Hz vs. 50 Hz shouldn't be an issue. I have been using an imported induction cooktop for six years now on 60 Hz that was designed for 50 Hz in a 220/240V environment. I have not had any issues and it works like a charm.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 5:01PM
More Discussions
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Farmhouse Sink In Laundry - Size/Depth
In all the inspiration pics I've seen, it's always...
burbmomoftwo
HELP where can I (quickly) purchase a XL pan/try for my washer?
I bought a washer at Home Depot and two people there...
peasknees
Sponsored Products
Knex 4 Wheel Drive Truck Building Set - 11414
$24.99 | Hayneedle
Ella Jayne Dobby Boxed Down-Like Gel Pillow - Set of Two
$34.99 | zulily
Inflatable Rebound Trampoline
$999.00 | FRONTGATE
Ella Jayne Cotton Quilted Gel Pillow - Set of Four
$54.99 | zulily
Triple Bowl Bone Diner - RTB2
$60.00 | Hayneedle
Ella Jayne Cotton Quilted Gel Pillow - Set of Two
$34.99 | zulily
Off-White Pleat Linen Shade 11x17x11 (Spider)
Lamps Plus
Accudart Starlite Dartboard - D4001
$20.32 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™