System just died

brussoJune 6, 2012

My first floor AC just died. Nothing happens when I set the thermostat. All was working fine until Tuesday. Even the fan doesn't go on in the 'on' position. I checked the batteries in the thermostat, the circuit breaker in the basement and the breaker outside. All are on. So, what do I check next before I call michael , the AC fixit guy? I have three zones. The other two are working fine. This unit is about 6 years old. Onlty the outside was replaced back then, not the furnace.

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heatseeker

First thing you check is make sure you have the right phone number for the ac guy, then call him.

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 8:14AM
mike_home

You say you have three zones, two of which are working fine. Are you saying when you select one zone you get no air flow? Does the outside condener run? Can you hear the blower in the furnace running?

Has there been anything going on in the house which may have affected the wiring from the thermostat to the zone dampers?

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 1:25PM
brusso

Well, i had to call Michael. turned out that thetransformer on the furnace that is connected to the thermostat had gone bad. That' s why nothing at all was running. not the fan blower on the furnace, nor the fan outside. He had one on his truck. $30 later and a six pack and I am good to go.

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 8:55AM
More Discussions
Carrier Greenspeed 25VNA Massachusetts Cold Weather Data
Hello Everyone, I wish I had had this information prior...
Sabs83
New Bryant legacy vs 5 year old carrier infinity
My parents need a new a.c., There's is broken and probably...
David
How to heat this room?
Hi folks! First post in this forum. I live in ec Iowa....
sparky_10
Need help with my Heat Pump
I have a 2 ton carrier air handler that is 410-A compatible....
Jason Johnson
Is 16 SEER Lennox A/C 5X better than 18 SEER Goodman?
I bought a bank repo home 2 years ago in San Diego....
davidahn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™