Kenmore 4027 or ???

rogerv_gwFebruary 26, 2011

I'm looking for a reliable front loading washing machine for less than $1000 (preferably). I've noticed that the Kenmore 4027 gets good ratings, and wonder if any one here has had personal experience with them?

Or what front loading washing machines have been reliable for less than $1000? I'm not looking for bells and whistles, just a reliable washing machine that will work for a few years.

We need to replace our 10-year old FridgeMore, finally. It is starting to leak, and I really don't want to put money into it at this point.

Thanks.

-Roger

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rogerv_gw

Kenmore 4051 also looks good to me, as far as ratings go. A little faster spin speed, as well.

Or should I be looking at another brand?

Thanks.

-Roger

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 1:17PM
rogerv_gw

Now I see that these Kenmore washers are made by LG for Sears, which makes me wonder.

Any other good choices in the $1000 price class?

Thanks.

-Roger

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 1:46PM
rogerv_gw

Looking at this one now, we have a Bosch dishwasher that we like, and this washer looks good to me.

Any comments on this one?

All over the map here *smile*.

-Roger

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 2:51PM
rogerv_gw

This is another washer that I'm considering now, the Electrolux IQ-Touch basic model, as well as the Bosch Vision 500.

Any comments about which of these might be better in terms of reliability? Both have negative posts here and there, but everything made by people will have some problems.

-Roger

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 6:05PM
rubyvine

Hi Roger,
My Electrolux IQ-Touch (basic model) was delivered yesterday and I must say that I am not really lovin' it. I was torn between the Electrolux and a Miele and for some CRAZY reason I thought the Electrolux would be good enough for me. Now I have a wicked case of buyers remorse. I looked quickly at the Kenmore and it felt cheaply made to me. I also find Sears customer service a bit lacking. If I got to choose again between the Bosch/Electro I would choose Bosch. I feel for you, I just went through all this too. I wish you well :)

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 7:57PM
rogerv_gw

Good input, thanks. Good to hear from actual experience.

There's a new one that I'm now looking at, Whirlpool Duet WFW94HEXW, which came out on top of the latest Consumer Reports reviews. Very few reviews of it that I can find from actual owners, though. Looks like it has lots of features, and the reviews that are out there that I've seen are positive.

So I'm considering that one, too.

I've seen lots of varying reviews of Whirlpool Duets in the past, and Consumer Reports is funny in that an appliance that's on the top today falls to the middle or bottom of their ratings next time...But at least it's a data point.

-Roger

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 3:31PM
More Discussions
How to access Program Mode in Miele W3038
After almost four years without a washer yesterday...
recordaras
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
Favorite detergents again, please.
What are your favorite detergents (specify liquid or...
isherwood777
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Advice on machines (Frontload vs HE Top load; LG vs Electrolux)
Hello there! I am doing a renovation/redesign of my...
jaybird1487
Sponsored Products
Butler Kenmore Square Accent Table - Metalworks - 3259025
$199.00 | Hayneedle
Design Toscano Kenmore Manor Hall Tree - AE4313
$615.37 | Hayneedle
Arteriors Home - Kenmore Cabinet - 6978
Great Furniture Deal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™