Front Load Washer ($1200

ronnj1January 31, 2011

Hello,

I am in need of a new washer. I live in New Jersey and have 3 children under 10. I do 4-5 loads per week. I have a budget of $1200. I would like a front loader with pedestal. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. I would like a machine that will clean my clothes and be able to handle comforters and some bulkier items.

What should I be looking for? I have never bought a washer before. Thank you.

Ron

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
covingtoncat

Hi Ron,

What size bedding are you needing to wash? Full, Queen or King? Down or synthetic? Any allergies or special needs (ie diapers)?

Do you need a dyer, too?

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 11:29PM
ronnj1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Queen size, down and synthetic, no allergies and done with the diapers. I need a dryer but it will have to wait a few months.

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 9:15AM
covingtoncat

For your price range, have you looked at the larger sized LG's and Bosch's? There are threads here you can read that detail more info.

I just bought a used W/D, so I'm not really familiar with what's new on the market. They replaced a working set of Kenmore's (whilrpool clones), that were 4.5 years old, but I wanted an upgrade in brand and features.

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 11:56AM
awm03

I bought a Samsung WF330 last August. It handles everything really well: bedding, sweaters, a wool coat, big loads, small loads. Even a disgusting old nose bleed on a pillow case (my teenage son -- brought it down for laundry a week later) came out clean. I'm not one to "love" machinery, but I do love this machine. It's a whole new world of laundry in that I can wash things I never could wash well or wash at all before.

I use liquid HE detergent from Costco and have been pleased.

Here is a link that might be useful: Samsung WF330

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 7:45PM
totsuka

We use a WP Duet front loader, 4.0 cu size, with good luck so far. It does use less water if that is a concern and does a pretty good job cleaning the clothes. (4 people/2 kids under 6). The front loaders recommend using that HE soap but I have used Arm and Hammer liquid soap with no problems. If I can catch the Tide HE soap on sale at Target I will use that because my wife likes the smell of it. When this machine breaks down (6 years old) we will most likely get another one.

Bookmark   February 2, 2011 at 6:01AM
More Discussions
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™