stacking WD decision - hoping for help

yeboJanuary 12, 2012

Situation: Stacking WD in closet 29" wide to be built near bedroom, so quietness is desirable. D has to be electric per building rules. I list the washer models below.

2 Questions:

1. Between these standard brands - all 27" wide and around 4 cf capacity - any recommendations or avoids: Whirlpool duet WFW97HEXW; Maytag Maxxima MHW6000XW; or Elux EWFLS70JIW.

2. Miele W3033 - 24" W, 2-3 cf; no bigger stacking from Boasch or Miele anymore, I'm told. Does Miele quality make this worth considering though the capacity is much lower than the standard brands?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ideagirl2

I wouldn't rule out the Miele unless you have a big family that churns out huge loads of dirty laundry. In a way the smaller size of the Miele/Bosch could be a plus in your situation: it might leave you just enough room to install a slide-out shelf to one side of the machines to hold your detergent and other laundry related items. But make sure you get the complete specs on all the machines you're seriously considering; in particular, check their depth. How deep is your closet?

Bookmark   January 15, 2012 at 10:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yebo

The closte will be 44" high. Indeed, I have to get one of the smaller onces, probably the Miele, b/c I need the ventless. Everyone earlier forgot to check (or I to tell them) that there was no external venting.

Any suggestions about specs for the slideout shelf will be very welcome.

Bookmark   January 20, 2012 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™