Geothermal filter

fairway7June 22, 2011

We just built a house and I need to replace the filter of our Geothermal unit. I have e-mailed the manufacturer to find out what we should use, however, they just said to use the same type of filter that the unit came with. I have looked everywhere online and cannot find a 16 x 30 x 1 fiberglass filter except for a company that makes a PDA type (here is what they say: Disposable panel filters are rigidly constructed using a progressively dense PolyStrand� media to maximize dust holding capacity. Two metal grids are thermally bonded to the internal sides of a heavy-duty, one-piece craftboard frame to maintain the media's integrity under adverse operating conditions)

Does anyone know if that will work or if I should get pleated filters instead? Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weedmeister

How about this?

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Depot

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 3:33PM
airstarsolutions

Pleated filters are the easiest to find , offer good filtration of smaller particles helping you to maintain a clean coil...go pleated (MERV8) and change montly.

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 11:54AM
formiga17_gmail_com

I recently bought a home with geo thermal heatling I'm experience problems with te water coming into the house via a filteration system. IT becomes necessary to bleed the water filtering system to remove sediment (it appears to be a fine mica) after removing it the system will run for 6 weeks then shut down again. Is there a specific watering system I should use

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 10:04AM
More Discussions
Need help choosing an efficient HRV Air Exchanger
Hi, My house as a total area of 2300 square feet (1150*x)....
Jim_Lafleur
Need help with my Heat Pump
I have a 2 ton carrier air handler that is 410-A compatible....
Jason Johnson
I Like the Forum Changes
IMO; this new forum setup is an improvement...
udarrell
$10,000 for a Furnace and A/C? Seems pricey....
Hello, So we bought our house a bit over a year ago...
bonsaicowboy
auxiliary heat vs. emergency heat
Greetings, I have a Bryan Evoltion Control heat pump...
decadent
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™