Mudroom sink suggestions: Composite?

bellacucinaJanuary 21, 2011

Would love sink suggestions for a 36" base cabinet in the mudroom, where we are going to reuse granite from our old island (verde butterfly -- it's dark greenish w/some gold and berry flecks) . Would like the sink to be about 28-30 inches wide and around 10" deep. I'm thinking undermount. It will replace a standard laundry tub.

The fabricator suggested that we go with a composite sink rather than SS due to scratching of the SS. The mudroom sink will be used for general utility and buckets for cleaning off our dog's (Bella's) paws. Any brands I should look at?

Basically I would love something that will hold up to muck and still look good when we clean it.

Thank you!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sshrivastava

Blanco Silgranit all the way.

Bookmark   January 23, 2011 at 10:08AM
bellacucina

Thank you sshrivastava. I was thinking silgranit...not sure what other composites are out there, but I know silgranit is popular.

Would sand,dirt and other gritty materials scratch silgranit the way it could with SS?

Bookmark   January 23, 2011 at 3:10PM
maks_2000

If price is no object silgranit is nice. If price is a concern, but scratches allowed, Ticor offers single deep bowl retangular sinks for under $150 -- I found mine on Overstock.com. However, it does scratch, but cleans up well. In the corner in the LR I'm ok with it.

Your LR sounds like it will be great! Enjoy!

Bookmark   January 25, 2011 at 10:35PM
More Discussions
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™