Pull-out work surface and pedestal for stacking WD?

yeboJanuary 15, 2012

I have run across these items on AJMadison, etc., and they seem very useful (stacking WD will be in a hallway where no surface it) but very expensive.

1) There's a posting here from handymanhusband about making a pullout work surface; he says he'll send photos but there is no email address. Any links to such a project?

2. Asko has a "hidden helper" pullout laundry drawer; looks very useful - costs $500 and isn't on eBay. Experience with it?

3. Pedestal - is it really useful? Can you use one brand's pedestal for another brand's WD?

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
izeve

Pedestal is likely to make the stacked washer/dryer too high (depending on how tall you are, you may have a problem reaching the dryer controls and getting to the back of the drum). Also not sure how stable a stacked washer and dryer would be on a pedestal.

Bookmark   January 28, 2012 at 5:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheerpeople

I got a wall mounted pull down small sized ironing board for a work surface. It is easy to fold up and works great. it is smaller than full sized. I don't iron, but use it to pretreat etc. About $30 and on line site to store with walmart, I think.

Have pedestals, not happy with the noise they amplify from the front load washer. Had to spend $40 on rubber anti vibration feet at HD to help with the noise. They don't hold the size detergent etc I use, unless I lay the detergent sizeways which would be messy.
Never done stacking machines- CAN'T help you there.

Bookmark   January 30, 2012 at 8:56PM
More Discussions
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™