GE GFWH1400DWW washing machine- any experience?

illinigirlJanuary 13, 2014

I am looking for a stackable but full sized second washer/dryer for our new house. Since it's a second set it is going in a closet not in a full sized laundry room....so it has to be stackable, however there is room for a full size stackable set. The appliance store where we are getting all our other appliances suggested the set I mentioned above in the subject. I've never had a GE w/d before. I've had the Kenmore HE3t and now the Whirlpool duet. My only requirement cycle wise is the sanitary cycle (therefore internal water heater) and a good capacity. My main washer is 4.3 cubic feet and this GE set has 4.1 cubic feet.

any thoughts on this washing machine please?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dreamgarden

Whatever you choose, make sure it isn't a Whirlpool Cabrio.

We purchased one and replaced it with a less expensive model that didn't have a water saver feature.

I don't understand why manufacturers make washers with water saving features.
Isn't the purpose to clean your clothes?

When I ran my new washer for the first time, I watched through the clear lid as it SPRAYED water onto the clothes.

The tub never filled past the halfway line and it never fully saturated the clothes.
The spin cycle threw them so tightly against the side of the washer that I had to peel them off the side. The mudstains on my slacks were still there.

They were more wrinkled than before I washed them.

I have since read reviews that mirror my experience. You might want to check out some of these BEFORE you throw $800.00 down the toilet.

I didn't have the heart to try and push it on someone else so I ordered another machine and let them take the new one away. Whirlpool wouldn't give me my money back. No more business for Whirlpool from me.

Bookmark   January 19, 2014 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™