Samsung 520 ?

whistle_gwJanuary 25, 2011

I have purchased the Samsung 520 washer/dryer and it should be delivered tomorrow. I downloaded the washer manual and have read through it. My question, is it necessary to run it without clothes the first time? I cannot find this addressed anywhere in the guide. I seem to remember that I did this with a new washer years ago and I'm sure it certainly won't hurt to do so. This is not my first front loader and I understand about leaving the door open and wiping the gasket. Are there any other tips you might have for keeping this laundry system going? Also, the manual says not to wash scatter rugs in it because of sand/dirt. Anybody follow this recommendation? I have lots of rugs and pet bedding and certainly thought a $1500 washer could handle them.

Thanks for you help and suggestions.

Whistle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoyamom

Wondering the same thing because I just bought one myself and they are coming next week.
Seems stupid not to be able to wash rugs in it!!

Bookmark   January 25, 2011 at 7:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whistle_gw

Hoyamom, mine is being unloaded right now. I will run it empty just as a caution. I was hoping to get more responses. If I run across anything in the manual that's not in the online one I'll post.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 10:38AM
More Discussions
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™