Asko W6884 vs Miele W3033

gentoocaneJanuary 7, 2013

Hello:

I have been researching these two brands washer y dryer set for the past few weeks and still cannot decide which would be a better fit. I cancelled an Electrolux (70) due the dubious "software" based feel. Firstly, I desire from my washer and dryer that they mechanically function well at washing and drying my load. I simply was not impress with Electolux's finish materially. However I have digressed.

I am interested in purchasing either the Miele W3033+T8003 or Asko W6884 +T783 set. Could anyone share his/her practical experience(s) with either products?

I would like to add that the dryer would be a luxury because for my dearest loads I prefer line or dowel dry. Yet I need a no non-sense washer soonest!

The Asko has appeal for its top-end RPM (1800), which would improve my line dry times. Its internal heating would seem to introduce some serious benefits as well.

As for the Miele, I have had some experience with its commercial grade of washer and dryers some time ago while in college. So, I feel like as a baseline I will inherit the legendary quality.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sshrivastava

If you require the machine to heat your water above 158F, you should go with the Asko. The Asko is a 220v machine with a robust heater, the Miele a more anemic 110v model that can't heat beyond 158F in Sanitary.

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 10:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gentoocane

The Asko experiences I reviewed that have been peppered about its products recent years have left me too uneasy about choosing it. So I went with the Miele set.

Perhaps time will tell, and I will give Asko a try somewhere down the road as a supplemental set.

Thanks, sshrivastava!

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™