Bryant quote

dbmetJune 5, 2011

Just got a quote on a new Bryant system to compare to the Lennox one I was looking at, but I can't find much information about the system? Is this a decent system or should I look for a better air handler?

Straight electric with 15kw strips

Bryant 116BNA060 and Air handler FX4DNF060 ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tigerdunes

You need the Mdl FV var speed air handler and the 15KW heat strip should be staged if your intent is not to go with a heat pump.

IMO

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 10:39AM
ryanhughes

Model number should likely be FX4DNF061, since that is what matches up with the 116BNA060. The FX4D is the Carrier equivalent of the CBX27UH (with the X13 motor).

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 12:28PM
dbmet

Thanks can anyone tell me the difference between the x-13 motor and the motor in the CBX32mv besides the price difference? Lol

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 12:55PM
ryanhughes

Yes, there is a significant difference. The variable speed motor (CBX32MV) will adjust its RPM as needed to maintain a constant, preset airflow volume. When deficient ductwork or a dirty filter/coil cause resistance to airflow, with the X13 motor, you'll lose efficiency and capacity since the airflow will be less than the nominal setting. The variable speed motor can "speed up" to overcome this (to a point). On very poor ductwork systems they can be noisy; however on most duct systems they are very quiet and do well to overcome and minor deficiencies in the ductwork. Also they can be installed such that they can lower their speed during a cooling cycle to dehumidify better (requires a thermostat that controls humidity "on demand"). They are both high-efficiency, DC motors. But there is a clear difference and advantage with variable speed. The installer tells the motor which airflow to provide. With the X-13, the installer must measure the static pressure of the system, and select the speed tap that provides the closest airflow (there is a chart that shows the speed taps along with the respective airflows at difference static pressures).

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 1:15PM
dbmet

Awesome That helps me out alot.. Pretty much justifies the extra expense as well.. Sounds like it would help in this big house with only one a/c line and having the master way across the house..

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 1:37PM
tigerdunes

dbmet

Ryan is correct.

I still would prefer the HP version of the mdls you are considering.

IMO

Bookmark   June 6, 2011 at 6:44AM
More Discussions
No Fully Trained Mini Split Installers
Reading threads about mini split heat pumps I got curious...
nerdyshopper
Heat Pump.....will it really save me money?
I recently moves into a new house in Mass, a 1650 sq...
Jinx_1832
Opinions please Mitsubishi M - S E R I E S H I G H P E R F O R M A N C
Our HVAC guy is suggesting this for a complete system...
almostemptynester
Has anyone found solution to HVAV Dirty Sock Syndrome
Two years ago I had a Trane heat pump installed in...
idreos
Who do I call about a whole-house fan?
I'd like a whole house fan. This might be a DIY project,...
elofgren
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™