Questions about Carrier Performance Quote
We are replacing the central A/C for the second floor of our 2-story house. The first floor has a separate zone and appears to be working fine. Our second floor has about 800 square feet. I've all but settled on the quote below for this Carrier Performance second floor system, but I had the following questions:
(1) Is this a variable speed system? The best that I can tell from the Carrier website, the FXD4 air handlers have 5 fixed speeds.
(2) Does this system qualify for the Federal tax credit?
(3) I can't find any information on the model number for the included thermostat. Is this a good programmable thermostat?
(4) Will this system adequately remove humidity from our second floor?
(5) Any thoughts on this system in general? Should I make any changes or upgrades?
Many thanks in advance for any advice that folks can please offer.
CARRIER HIGH EFFICIENCY AIR-CONDITIONING SYSTEM *REPLACEMENT* *16 SEER*
CARRIER CONDENSER #24APA5024 APPROXIMATE B.T.U 24,000 2.0 TONS
CARRIER4 AIRHANDLER #FX4DNF025TOO APPROXIMATE B.T.U 24,000 2.0 TONS
CARRIER EZ-FLEX WHOLE HOUSE AIRCLEANER
INSTALLATION OF AN ADDITIONAL RETURN ON THE 2ND LEVEL FOR BETTER HUMIDITY REMOVAL
CARRIER PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT #501Q
$6700 installed cost