Bosch Nexxt 300 Washer - Hot cycle fills with cold water

cagirlincoJanuary 17, 2009

I received my washer 4 days ago. When the installer put it in, he ran cold, warm and hot cycles (just started them) to verify the water temperatures coming into the soap dispenser. I just tried to run my first real hot cycle and when I clicked the start button, I noticed that the cold water pipes jolted (unfinished basement) and sure enough, cold water was filling the washer. I know it's not a connection issues since I watched the installer run each temperature a few days ago. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zedd

Sounds like your hoses are reversed.

Bookmark   January 17, 2009 at 12:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakvis

The Bosch washer does an alternating water fill thing where cold water starts first the it turns of the hot water comes on.
They use this type of fill to get as close to the set temp that you selected. Some of the special hot washes start with cold water and then the internal heater raises the temp to the final temp. Bosch says they do this because different stains come out at different temperatures. When you start with cold and then raise the temp with the heater all the temps to get all the stains out are gone through.
I think your user manual will have some of this info.

Of course still check the hoses to make sure they aren't reversed as posted by zedd.

Bookmark   January 17, 2009 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™