Aprilaire 800 Steam whole house humidifier/de-humidifier

rcblJune 22, 2012

Whole House Steam Humidifier - this is something that the owner of the HVAC company highly recommended when he saw 8 boxes for portable humidifiers in our basement Furnace area. We've gone through 2 units for each of the 4 bedrooms on the upper level of the house in the past 4 years. He said that the AprilAire 800 Steam humidifier will help keep the humidity level in the whole house at a constant level (making it a more comfortable home) - The humidifier supposedly can humidify and De-humidify....depending on what the house needs. I really like this add on - but the cost quoted was $2000. That seems a bit on the very high side....Could it be the fact that there is an additional cost for it to be connected to our circuit breaker? I went online and I can buy the humidifier myself for $650-$800. I know how to fish wires through walls and ceilings....but I'd hire an electrician to connect to the circuit breaker.....or is the $2000 realistic?

Any opinions, thoughts, questions, issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veesubotee

The model 800 is a steam Humidifier--it does not dehumidify.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aprilaire Model 800

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 10:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b

FWW. I had a whole house humidifier installed and a very few years later had a huge mold problem. It's going to cost about $8,000 in repairs. Should get started next month. Be sure to monitor your humidity % every day.

Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 3:20PM
More Discussions
I Like the Forum Changes
IMO; this new forum setup is an improvement...
udarrell
Neighbor Finally Upgrades to Heat Pump
My next door neighbor finally took my advice and upgraded...
newtalk2
auxiliary heat vs. emergency heat
Greetings, I have a Bryan Evoltion Control heat pump...
decadent
Need help choosing an efficient HRV Air Exchanger
Hi, My house as a total area of 2300 square feet (1150*x)....
Jim_Lafleur
How to heat this room?
Hi folks! First post in this forum. I live in ec Iowa....
sparky_10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™