Dryers with steam?

momcoJanuary 7, 2014

Anybody have any advice on dryers with steam features? I have to replace our whole house, and the dryer I had (and loved) is no longer made. It was a Maytag with a steam compartment above the regular dryer which could be used either for freshening and steaming dry clothes or drying delicates that couldn't be put in a normal dryer. Anybody have a dryer that they really love? I'm currently looking at the "professional" Miele washing machine, but am not set on it, and I don't care one bit whether my washer and dryer match - I use them, don't particularly look at them. I want the most effective laundry room possible, not necessarily the prettiest.... don't intend to entertain guests there or anything. So any dryer that is really good will work.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fruity123

Sansung and LG has steam, but they are not reliable. I highly reccomend the european models. Miele makes great washers and dryers

Bookmark   February 2, 2014 at 6:33PM
dianne47

I bought a Maytag Bravos topload washer and steam dryer several years ago. I regret the extra money I spent to get the TOL dryer, I've only used the steam feature twice. I use the water heater feature on the washer all the time, getting the TOL washer was a good decision.

I dry most clothing for 2-3 minutes on low heat, then hang items on a nearby rack to air dry. No ironing ever and saves energy, too.

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 9:21PM
jane__ny

My Electrolux has steam. I use it frequently to unwrinkle. Works very well, I love it.

Jane

Bookmark   February 17, 2014 at 12:45AM
cj47_gw

I have an Electrolux with steam, too, and I also use it to unwrinkle and freshen things. Like Jane NY, I love it. In addition, it cools the load after drying, to minimize wrinkles. You can also set it to keep tumbling on air fluff for up to 3 hours, so that you can get to it when it's convenient and not have the load get all wrinkled. I love that about this machine.

Cj

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 4:40PM
More Discussions
Affresh vs. Washer Magic
We've had our Duet for about two months, and so far/so...
chipshot
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
New Front Load Speed Queens
Hi everyone, we are replacing our old GE's- adding...
remodnana
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Sponsored Products
Veranda Gray 18-Inch Decorative Pillow
$34.50 | Bellacor
Avanti White Automatic Clothes Dryer
Overstock.com
Bedouin Red and Gray 18-Inch Square Pillow
$55.00 | Bellacor
EdgeStar 2.0 Cubic Foot White Ventless Washer Dryer Combo
Overstock.com
9-Clip Lost Socks Wall Rack
| Dot & Bo