Wellborn cabinets? Opinions?

boops2012January 16, 2013

I'm looking at Well born cabinets. Any thoughts or experiences?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zackin

I have Wellborn in one of my bathrooms and the cabinets are just fine. This bathroom is rarely used, so I can't tell you how sturdy the cabinets are, but they look pretty.

My GC likes Wellborn and I think he's very concerned about quality. I'm not using them for my kitchen, however, because Wellborn only makes framed cabinets and I want frameless.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 5:14AM
totallyconfused

We have Wellborn cabinets in two bathrooms and for the kitchen island. In the bathroom that the kids use, we have the mocha cream (painted/glazed). After 3 1/2 years, it stilllooks like new. Remarkable, as the kids never think to run the fan. In the master bath we have cherry, and they also look like new.

My big disappointment is with the island. It is the painted black, not distressed finish (midnight, maybe?). While the construction is good, the finish leaves something to be desired. The paint is chipping in several spots, as well as wearing thin around the knobs on the most used drawers. It is also extremely difficult to clean without streaking. I tell my husband I'm glad we didn't pay the up-charge for distressing, as we've done it so well for free.

Totally Confused

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 8:19AM
TFCwifey

We just had are wellborn cabinets delivered yesterday and will be installed on Monday. I will let u know how they look once they are out in. We ordered wellborn for my daughters bathroom, the master bathroom ad also the kitchen (White Shaker style). Here are the kitchen ones.

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 4:16PM
TFCwifey

Here is my daughters cabinets for her bathroom

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 4:17PM
More Discussions
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Help, my new white lacquer cabinets are peeling!
Hello, We reno'd our kitchen 1.5 years ago and installed...
cece1213
Feedback on cabinet insert prices
Our cabinet builder gave us the following prices for...
Trish Welham
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™