Bryant Evolution Control Does not recognize Furnace model

getafizJune 3, 2011

I got the Bryant 315JAV048090 furnace installed this week and got the Evolution control SYSTXBBUID01-C installed with it. The installer did a great job with the installation itself, but is a little clueless on the controls and the setup. he had some issues with the controls communicating with the furnace and then had to replace the mother board on the furnace to get it to work. When it did work, the evolution control sees the furnace, but does not pull up the model # (as I think it should according to the documentation). The installer walked through the setup and we found a couple of options missing i.e. the documentation says it should be there and the display does not show it. The installer is saying that the model # was not recognized because it is an 80v and not 95 and some of the options are not available as a result. I am not convinced and am looking to the forum for help. Today the furnace would not turn on even when I cranked up the heat and then gave a system fault and asked me to contact bryant. Now I'm concerned about the brand new furnace that we've put in. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Questions:

1. Should the control recognize the model # of the furnace?

2. If it did not recognize the model, would it default settings that it should not?

3. What should I ask the installer to do?

Thanks,

PM

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_home

If you go to the Bryant web site (link below) you will see for the Evolution Control supports the 315JAV048090 furnace. The model number should appear on the installation set up screen. That fact this furnace has a 80% AFUE and and not a 95% AFUE is irrelavant.

The furnace not turing on indicates the installation is not correct. Is this the first time he has installed this a Bryant Evolution controller and furnance?

The answers to your questions:
1. Yes.

2. Not sure what default settings are. The dip switches on the new motherboard may not be set correctly. (I am suspcious as to why the motherboard had to be changed).

3. Ask the installer to complete the installation correctly. If he doesn't know how to do it, then he needs to call the Carrier distributor to walk him through the correct settings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bryant furnace specs

Bookmark   June 3, 2011 at 8:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_home

I looked at the trobleshooting guide for my Carrier Infinity furnace. This is the essentially the same furnce at the Bryant Evolution. Is your furance displaying a status code 25 error?

Bookmark   June 3, 2011 at 9:03AM
More Discussions
Natural gas air conditioning
Does anyone have experience with the newer residential...
blueyebear
Thoughts on proposed HVAC system?
To start: my house is two-level (main plus upper)...
gbleeker
New HVAC install in So Cal
Hi Everyone, I just got a quote from Home Depot contractor....
revlimit
No Fully Trained Mini Split Installers
Reading threads about mini split heat pumps I got curious...
nerdyshopper
Bad TXV valves (2 in a row) on brand new unit
Just got a XR15 Trane HVAC unit installed last week....
dhome
Sponsored Products
ELK Lighting Bryant 1-Light Bathroom Vanity Light 11264/1 - 5W in. - 11264/1
$108.00 | Hayneedle
Bryant Dual Recliner Loveseat
Overstock.com
Indoor Ceiling Fans and Light: Hampton Bay Bryant 46 in. Brushed Nickel Ceiling
Home Depot
Bryant Queen-size Bed
Overstock.com
French Bistro Folding Chair - Set of 2 - Fermob
$216.00 | HORNE