Ideal sink size for laundry room?

wkearney99January 18, 2013

What's the ideal size for a sink in a 2nd floor laundry room? This is a laundry-only room. There's a utility room in the basement that has it's own sink. So I don't need a bigger sink like that in the laundry room. There's going to be counter in the room so I could go with one that's mountable there. I'm wondering how large it really needs to be for just laundry purposes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AndreaL

Personally I couldn't imagine using it for more than rinsing off stains. It depends on your needs, but I would imagine a 24' sink would be more than enough. I looked on Houzz and there are a lot of different sizes shown - most of them are utility size but the smaller ones seem very reasonable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz Sinks

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 4:00PM
eleena

I have a 24" cabinet with a 20" sink (the inside dimensions are approximately 18"w x 15"d) and it is totally sufficient. I do find myself, however, wanting to have a countertop right next to it. :-)

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 1:01PM
wkearney99

Yes, my plan is to put the washer/dryer right next to it. And then mount the sink into a counter top. Either on or below it, haven't decided yet. I'm guessing below as I'd rather have the sink's surfaces available as a scrubbing or crud-collecting area instead of likely more expensive counter material.

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 1:46PM
More Discussions
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™