W&D finally here

jasperdogJanuary 22, 2012

We purchased a Miele floor model W&D in November. There were multiple scratches and dents that we were told would be repaired so we were willing to go for it. I figured, buy the extended warranty, and even though they were used in the showroom to wash laundry from kitchen demos, etc. we should be covered. So since it took 2 months before they finally delivered them one would expect them to look like new right? Wrong! I don't know what was going on for 2 months, but it wasn't repairs. I almost didn't except delivery, but I figured I'd except the delivery and work it out with the sales person. Needless to say after a conversation on the phone I won't be making any future purchases from that individual. Her loss as we still have a whole kitchen to outfit. In the mean time, I am giving her manager the opportunity to do what they had promised in the first place. My husband finally broke down and hooked them up. They work great. So for $3000 I have a T9800 dryer with minimal cosmetic damage, A W4840 washer with moderate to significant cosmetic damage depending on your personal scale, a pair of pedestals (one with significant drawer damage), and a 5 year warranty.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kris_zone6

I would not have accepted them in the first place. I would have been on the phone with the manager while the installers were in my driveway.

Bookmark   January 31, 2012 at 8:16PM
jasperdog

Well, it took a while and we had to go to the owner of the company, but the washer now has new skins and a new pedestal and while there are still a few minor blemishes on the washer and dryer, the washer looks a million times better then it did. Hoorah! And they work wonderfully.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 12:58AM
larsi_gw

Sorry you had to go thru this, but maybe I am the only one willing to say, what I have a feeling many of us are thinking.....$3000 for a W4840 and T9800 set with damages is a horrible price!!! Way too expensive. I wouldn't have accepted them for that price, if they were NEW with dents and scratches, but they were used. Why were you willing to pay so much for used machines?

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 9:58AM
More Discussions
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™