Fisher Paykel GWL10US spin cycle problem

zimminkieJune 10, 2009

Hello,

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I've owned my F&P W/D since 8-2001, and have been very pleased with both. I have moved 3 times and never have had any problems with either appliance. Recently my washer (model GWL10US) has begun to make a frictional (loud "shhh") sound during the spin cycle. I took out the agitator and saw nothing remarkable. Any suggestions? And on how to do this? The F&P site has no info for me since my machine is going on 8 years old. Original registration was not US site. I take care of my appliances and was hoping for a 10-15 year lifespan. At the very least another 2 years. I cannot afford a new washer right now, and I'm afraid to run it the way it sounds. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mae71500

I was looking at the F&P's today, ready to buy one w/my husbands okay, of course. When I was speaking w/the sales rep. I asked about repairs and getting parts and he stated there is stock in the U.S. for this brand (not sure about your make). I was at Lowe's and was also informed that you can get parts from Sears.
Hope this helps

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 11:42PM
More Discussions
which compact washer/dryer?
I really wanted the Miele touchtronic washer/dryer...
achase1961
New Front Load Speed Queens
Hi everyone, we are replacing our old GE's- adding...
remodnana
HELP where can I (quickly) purchase a XL pan/try for my washer?
I bought a washer at Home Depot and two people there...
peasknees
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
Ok to only use cold water hookup on washing machine?
Hello, My washing machine is in a location with only...
jmoscone
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™