Lennox system

Derek51May 25, 2012

Just received a quote for a high end Lennox system. A 70k BTU SLP98V furnace, 3 ton XC21 A/C unit, and the Icomfort controller. They did do a full measurement and J loss calculation. Total was $11,400. Politely asked the salesman to leave. Never heard of a $6,500 3 ton A/C unit. Lol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tigerdunes

A premium system.

What s your location?

Any rebates associated with that quote?

What size home?

What size HVAC are you replacing?

Post back.

IMO

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 8:37AM
Derek51

I'm in Southeast Michigan. Load calculation came out to 64K and change. Sq. footage is just under 2,000 it's a ranch with some high ceilings. Original furnace is 90K A/c is 3 ton.

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 9:43AM
Derek51

I'm in Southeast Michigan. Load calculation came out to 64K and change. Sq. footage is just under 2,000 it's a ranch with some high ceilings. Original furnace is 90K A/c is 3 ton.

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 11:24AM
mike_home

The Lennonx XC21 in the 3 ton size can achieve a 20 SEER rating. This is why it is so expensive. In my opinion this is overkill for the summers in Michigan. I am suprised the salesman would quote this condenser.

Did the saleman present any other condenser options? A SEER rating of 15-16 would be fine for your location. It is doubtful you will ever see a pay back on a higher SEER rating.

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 11:42AM
Derek51

I agree completely not as concerned with the high seer rating but really wanted a 2 stage scroll and the communication capability. Carrier makes a 17 seer with a 2 stage scroll that works with the Infinity system. Even the Carrier Infinity 21 seer was $1,200 cheaper installed. That Lennox must be magic if people are willing to pony up that kind of change for it.

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 12:48PM
More Discussions
I Like the Forum Changes
IMO; this new forum setup is an improvement...
udarrell
How to heat this room?
Hi folks! First post in this forum. I live in ec Iowa....
sparky_10
Enery efficiency of exposed ductwork?
What are your thoughts on the energy efficiency of...
ccintx
Pls tell me the best uses for Carrier Air Handler Model # FV4CNF003
Hi GW, I am stuck with a new 2012 air handler/heat...
ontariomom
Rheem Econet AC
Does anyone know when the new Rheem econet Ac units...
bdubb5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™