Friedrich's CP line - any experience pro or con?

cruffMay 3, 2011

I'd like to get two 10,000-btu window a/c units and have always trusted Friedrich and liked the performance of the ones my mom has, which have lasted decades. With my budget, their CP (lower end) line seems indicated. Any reports on how these hold up? Is this one of those situations where the low end of an appliance company's line is outsourced and not actually by the company, or are these truly Friedrichs under the hood?

Thanks,

Carin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
IzGudea

I have 2 Quietmaster Programmable ACs (the ones just before the Kuhls) & a Panasonic model (can't remember exact model, about 4 years old).

I somewhat certain that some products in the CP line (blow vent on right) are made by Panasonic. I think I have a vague recollection on that info from years ago. My older Panasonic looks nearly identical to the current CP models (the electronic control panel is different).

The good news is that the Panasonic model has been a champ. Not nearly as loud as the Quietmaster on high & comparable on lower settings. The Quietmaster has a noticeable sound when the compressor kicks in - much more muted on the Panasonic model.

My QuietMasters have LG Korean compressors. I think the rest is US.

I would also like to point out the Quietmaster is a 115lb behemoth. Its also requires the included bracket when used thru-window. And its wide. The only thing you are missing out on is the higher EER - and the naproxin dose before&after. I'll be cursing it shortly as I put it in the window soon.

I tossed my old Friedrich AC because it wasn't enough BTUs - worked fine the day I hauled it to the curb (and someone took it).

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 9:52PM
More Discussions
Opinions please Mitsubishi M - S E R I E S H I G H P E R F O R M A N C
Our HVAC guy is suggesting this for a complete system...
almostemptynester
1 vs. 2 stage cooling? 80% vs. 95% furnace?
I'm in SoCal near L.A. (zip 91354). Two story house...
M. A.
Who do I call about a whole-house fan?
I'd like a whole house fan. This might be a DIY project,...
elofgren
New HVAC install in So Cal
Hi Everyone, I just got a quote from Home Depot contractor....
revlimit
No Fully Trained Mini Split Installers
Reading threads about mini split heat pumps I got curious...
nerdyshopper
Sponsored Products
Axium Espresso 6-drawer Dresser
Overstock.com
Bunch Metal Cocktail Table
Overstock.com
Somerset Taupe Runner: 2 Ft. 3 In. x 8 Ft. Rug
$110.95 | Bellacor
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Momeni Rugs Young Buck Collection
Home Depot
Fischer Brown and Pink Square 18.5-Inch Throw Pillow with Sunbrella Sunset Fabri
$112.99 | Bellacor
White Olive Grove Napkin - Set of Four
$12.99 | zulily
Illumine Outdoor Lighting. 2-Light Outdoor Textured Black Post Mount Lantern
$99.99 | Home Depot
Le Klint | Le Klint Pendant 161
$567.00 | YLighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™