Friedrich's CP line - any experience pro or con?

carinrMay 3, 2011

I'd like to get two 10,000-btu window a/c units and have always trusted Friedrich and liked the performance of the ones my mom has, which have lasted decades. With my budget, their CP (lower end) line seems indicated. Any reports on how these hold up? Is this one of those situations where the low end of an appliance company's line is outsourced and not actually by the company, or are these truly Friedrichs under the hood?

Thanks,

Carin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
IzGudea

I have 2 Quietmaster Programmable ACs (the ones just before the Kuhls) & a Panasonic model (can't remember exact model, about 4 years old).

I somewhat certain that some products in the CP line (blow vent on right) are made by Panasonic. I think I have a vague recollection on that info from years ago. My older Panasonic looks nearly identical to the current CP models (the electronic control panel is different).

The good news is that the Panasonic model has been a champ. Not nearly as loud as the Quietmaster on high & comparable on lower settings. The Quietmaster has a noticeable sound when the compressor kicks in - much more muted on the Panasonic model.

My QuietMasters have LG Korean compressors. I think the rest is US.

I would also like to point out the Quietmaster is a 115lb behemoth. Its also requires the included bracket when used thru-window. And its wide. The only thing you are missing out on is the higher EER - and the naproxin dose before&after. I'll be cursing it shortly as I put it in the window soon.

I tossed my old Friedrich AC because it wasn't enough BTUs - worked fine the day I hauled it to the curb (and someone took it).

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 9:52PM
More Discussions
Neighbor Finally Upgrades to Heat Pump
My next door neighbor finally took my advice and upgraded...
newtalk2
Pls tell me the best uses for Carrier Air Handler Model # FV4CNF003
Hi GW, I am stuck with a new 2012 air handler/heat...
ontariomom
Are mini-splits a bad idea.
I have lived in both Europe and the Middle East and...
bry911
furnace condensation freezing up
A non-profit club that I belong to has a furnace that...
doglover3
Carrier Greenspeed 25VNA Massachusetts Cold Weather Data
Hello Everyone, I wish I had had this information prior...
Sabs83
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™