skipping stitches... question

sharon620December 31, 2008

Hi Everyone! Happy New Year!

I have a question about skipping stitches. When a pattern calls for you to skip 2 stitchs should I include the stitich I just went into? I know it is probably a stupid ( and I hate that word) question but I just not sure.

Thanks so much and Have a very healthy and most happy new year!

Sharon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_ferguson

http://www.vmgo.com/yt/stitch/page2.html This site seems to include several crochet instruction sites with videos...maybe one will show you what you need to know.

Bookmark   January 1, 2009 at 9:09AM
Zipper_TX

Sharon, when the instructions say skip two stitches you do not count the last one you just made..you would skip the next two stitches and then crochet into the third one up. HTH ;o)

Bookmark   January 1, 2009 at 5:59PM
jakessoccermom

Hello,

I started this sweater over 12 years ago, got stuck and put it away until I found it again. It is a pattern called Iola Sweater from The Celtic Collection by Alice Starmore. It is a intertwining cable inside a diamond. I am stuck on where the intertwining cable starts inside the diamond. Anybody out there up for a challenge in helping me figure out how to do this? I can scan the section from the pattern and send it to people.

Any assistance will be greatlly appreciated.
Rose Marie Lewis
Menasha, WI

Bookmark   October 9, 2011 at 3:23PM
anne_b

May I suggest that you do a separate posting with an appropriate heading (Alice Starmore; The Celtic Collection; Iola sweater are a few suggestions). Your question is now posted under "Slipping Stitches" which is probably why you have not received any help.

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 5:17AM
More Discussions
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™