Magic Crochet books

Maggie4December 29, 2007

I am wondering if this company or one like it is still around. I have several of these wonderful books! I don't want to get rid of any of them. I learn to crochet with these and now I am trying to see if I can subscribe to them again or something like them. If they are no longer around what happened to them? Does anyone know? If you ever see one and like to crochet or want to learn. Pick it up . I just found NO 2 at a thrift store for 59 cents. What a find!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_ferguson

I was curious so I googled Magic Crochet books and saw that there were quite a few for sale on ebay...you might want to surf over there and see if you'd want any of those offered.

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 8:51PM
lindadiane

I find them in my grocery store. which is a Pollys.
But the address to order is
Magic crochet
subscription dept
p.o. box 1971
Danbury, CT. 06813

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 9:19PM
Maggie4

I never thought to look at the Super Markets. I gooled them too. I have those but "Thankyou" and also thanks for the Address. I have written to the one in my books and never received a reply. It was Patterson,NY. Looks like they have relocated. Thanks

Bookmark   December 30, 2007 at 10:39AM
shaddy101

I don't believe that these particular magazines are being published anymore, at least, not as we know them. the doily part anyway.

They originally started in France, where most of the diagram things come from, Japanese designers were used for a lot of those patterns.

I have almost the whole collection, but as for going ebay, and trying to add, I would pass, as the costs are getting way out of line, and you would be better off either the resale shops, or trying various crochet forums where they might just sell outright.
You could also ask the ladies there, some have doubles they part with.
I wish you good luck in your quest, and if you do have success getting hold of someone anywhere at the addresses you have listed, do post, as we all would like to know more about these (Magic & Decorative) crochet magazines, I understand that Crochet Fantasy, which also carried diagram doilies and clothing patterns has also gone out of publication?
Not sure on that one, just heard rumbles. I also have many of those issues. Guess I am a lucky one, again, good luck, and understand your zeal in locating!

Bookmark   December 30, 2007 at 10:48AM
starvingartist

These magazines are not being published anymore. There are a total of 155. Contact me if you want them :)

Bookmark   December 31, 2007 at 10:54AM
Angel7Lady

Hi folks. I'm 54; Dad's Mom taught me thread crochet; it is quickly becoming a lost art. Just check out the 4H booth at your local ag-fair. I've been making doilies, garlic bags, curtains, clothing ... ever since. Magic was my fav; I had the info from the company in NH [where I spent many years] that created the software to translate written patterns into the diagrams we all love; but alas.... I am going to scan my crate of mags in case something physical happens to them..... any thoughts? copyrights to a vanished empire??? etc.??

Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
profsusan
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
Bargello-like Long Crochet Potholder pattern
When I was a kid (70's?), I made my mom some potholders...
lascatx
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™