Crochet Beret Pattern (help?)

missemeraldDecember 3, 2009

I'm almost finished making a poncho for my 9 year old for Christmas, and have some leftover yarn (Lion Boucle). She loves berets (tries them on all the time when we're out shopping). I can't find an easy pattern for one-- I'm not the most experienced crochet person there is. Does anyone have an easy crochet pattern for a beret they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
acraftylady

I have done this one and it's so super easy. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Beret

Bookmark   December 4, 2009 at 12:06AM
rnmomof2

Where did you find the Boucle? I can not find it anywhere!

Bookmark   December 5, 2009 at 11:36PM
missemerald

Actually, I could not easily find it either. Several of us are making ponchos with it for our daughters for the holidays. Three of us ended up buying it (Lion Boucle) in lots from Ebay, and two others purchased the Bernat brand instead from AC Moore (it is very similar, but the skeins are MUCH bigger). Michaels does not seem to carry Lion Boucle anymore, but AC Moore does and I think that Joanns does too (those are our only options around here). There are some online stores too, but I didn't use those. Just google "Lion Boucle" and you'll find them. What are you making with it? It's a great yarn, but frustrating to work with! Good luck!

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 9:24AM
rnmomof2

I wanted to make a scarf with the Boucle and Fun Fur together. I made several of them last year and had a request. Our Joann's doesn't carry the Boucle and Barnat does't have any fun colors. I am hoping that a Joann's ETC store might carry it, but the closest is one hour away.

Didn't think to check E-bay, some online stores charge so much for shipping. I'm too cheap to pay much, I might as well go buy a scarf then!

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 12:04PM
acraftylady

The Bernat boucle you can order right from Joanne's if you can't find it in store. Probablly a free shipping code floating aound too, don't have my Joanne's e-mails handy to look but google and see. I love e-bay.
Get lots of yarn, books, hooks and everyhing there reasonable. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Boucle

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
profsusan
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™