Choosing a new Bryant system
This is a great forum - I've learned a ton reading through back posts today.
We need to replace an old, 2-ton AC system (1983!). Our long-time AC company is a Bryant dealer. They've given us two choices:
1. Evolution series. Bryant 186b A024000 model, with a FE4ANF002 air handler. Price after rebate $6260. SEER 16
2. Preferred series. Bryant 126bNA024000, with an FXDNF025700 handler. 15.3 seer. $5970, no rebate.
- Are these good, reliable systems?
- Are these prices reasonable?
- Should I be getting additional quotes from other companies, or go with these guys who have done our ACs for so long?
Thank you for any advice!