Slipper Grip

rwisniewDecember 6, 2006

Is there such a thing as a liquid rubber adhesive to dot directly onto the bottom of a crocheted slipper to give it grip?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Your question made me thinking. I've wondred the same thing myself. I just remembered there used to be something in tubes that kids used to make rubber like dots on paper. If it still exists you can probably find at Michaels or Joannes.

    Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 6:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You can use Scribbles Paint, the stuff in the little bottles to out line appliques on shirts. Just put little dots all over the bottom of the slippers and let dry. Re-apply as they wear off. Or you can go to the fabric store and buy the packaged stuff for footed pajamas and sew that on.


    Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 9:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Not sure how well it would work but "Shoe Goo" might do the trick. Its a rubbery substance in a tube used for repairing the bottoms of sneakers and such.
Also the stuff that is waffled rubber sheets used for lining shelves and putting on chairs under cushions or under throw rugs to keep things from sliding around. It comes in different colors. It would be easy to stitch on the bottom of slippers.(In case you didn't notice I can't remember the name of the stuff =o) )

    Bookmark   December 8, 2006 at 9:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You can use Plastigrip - found in hardware stores - it is used to dip tool handles. I'm posting a link - scroll down top the bottom and you will see what I mean.


Here is a link that might be useful: Non slip soles

    Bookmark   December 8, 2006 at 11:16AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

puffy paint is another good option

    Bookmark   December 9, 2006 at 3:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for all the input!

    Bookmark   December 14, 2006 at 1:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I've used the rubber cement found in craft stores. You just brush it on.

    Bookmark   December 16, 2006 at 6:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

they have stuff called no slip I think anyway they sell it at Michaels it is with the fabric paint if you cant find the no sikd stuff you can use puff paint.

    Bookmark   December 21, 2006 at 5:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hi, just thought i would post an update. I tried plasti dip on one pair of slippers (2 coats of dots) and fabric paint on the other. Both provided some grip, but I felt the paint was a litte better, seemed the plasti dip hardened too hard, I would try using more on each spot next time. But not 100% satisfied with either product, so I will look for some of the other things mentioned in previous posts! Thanks for so much input!

    Bookmark   December 23, 2006 at 4:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I know this isn't a current post, but I just found this link to your forum on Google. Hello all!

For anyone else who is still looking and finds you on a search engine--it took me all day to find the appropriate words to Google the right product--I also found something called Jiffy Grip Fabric; they have it on

Amazon also has Slipper Grippers; they come in a few different colors. They can both be sewn or glued on.
and machine washed; I don't know if the Jiffy Grip Fabric can be dried.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jiffy Grip Fabric etc.

    Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 9:51PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
sesame Street Patterns
I have some charts of the characters. I saw some people...
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
Sponsored Products
All-Clad d5 Brushed Stainless Steel 7-piece Cookware Set
$699.95 | FRONTGATE
Adir 24 in. File Hanging Clamps - Set of 6 - 6026
$78.99 | Hayneedle
Ella Showers Freedom 31 in. x 60 in. x 77-1/2 in. Barrier Free Roll-In Shower
Home Depot
72" Isabella Copper Double-Slipper Clawfoot Tub - Nickel Interior
Signature Hardware
KitchenAid 14-piece Stamped Triple Riveted Knife Block Set
Spectra 2.0 Siren Dual-Access Carry-On
$350.00 | Horchow
Lightolier Aluminum Spot Light
$64.99 | Lamps Plus
Eiffel Arm Chair in Red
$154.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™