42 inch round table cloth pattern?

quirkpodNovember 17, 2008

I have looked at all of the tablecl patts at crochetpatterncentral.com but found few round tables... nothing that will work. Can anyone send me a pattern? This will cover an oak antique 42 inch round table. You know, the ones with the claw feet. I suppose it's Victorian. This doesnt have to be anything fancy, and I cannot use a tiny hook size. I prefer the H or I-hook and worsted or cotton dishcloth yarn. Any ideas? As for color, I'd like to do a tea stained affect, to appear old. If not, I can use brown dishcloth yarn and do an off white edging.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

I wonder if you could convert a size 10 bedspread cotton crochet cloth to the worsted cotton and an H hook. Might work.

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 12:34AM
shaddy101

I agree, Sheilajoyce, would perhaps work out better you could choose your own pattern likes that way. Is there sugar and cream ecru out there, try Herrschners, they might be able to help in the color department. Very good, and also good luck in your venture.

Shaddy

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 10:58AM
sheilajoyce_gw

I mant to say that if you did a table topper size pattern and converted the thread used from bedspread or size 10 to the worsted weight, that might work out just fine.

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 2:50PM
profsusan

I used the round ripple baby afghan in cotton for a teak summer tablecloth. Along these lines, you can select any round doily that would work well with increases to the 42" - there are plenty out there to choose from

Bookmark   November 20, 2008 at 6:52AM
More Discussions
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
Lined Mittens
I am knitting my first pair of mittens. Have not knitted...
colorcrazy
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™