Carrier Coil Question

mkidd99May 29, 2008

I am replacing my current system with a dual fuel Carrier system. My home was checked/sized by 3 difference companies and all indicated approximately the same size units. I have priced several different companies and types of systems and am thinking about purchasing the following Carrier system:

Furnace: #58CVA110-20

Heat Pump: #25HNA948

Indoor Coil: #CNPVP4821ATA

Infinity Control

Infinity Air Purifier

My question concerns the indoor coil. The Carrier representative included the CNPVP4821ATA, which is an 'N' design. Most of what I read here on the board indicates the 'A' coil (CAP4821A) design would be better. So, should I get the 'N' coil or "A' coil for this system?

The representative said that the only difference was the 'N' coil was shorter than the 'A' coil. This was built so that the units overall height was lower and would fit more homes.

I checked the ARI Certified Performance for this system with both coils and they are the same.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ryanhughes

The CNPVP coil is used in many systems, so I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't appear to impact the performance anyway. Great system by the way. If you wanted the a-coil, just ask him for that instead, if it will fit.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 4:18PM
goddi

mkidd99...
Just came across your post. I am about to have a similar system installed. Mine will be slightly different in size, 5 ton HP and 135Kbtu:
HP-25HNA660
Furnace-58CVA135-22
Coil-CNPVP6024ATA

If you have already installed it, I'd like to know how you now feel about the Carrier HP. I will be going from an A/C to this hybrid system so I am a bit unsure what to expect. Did you have the Infinity Controller installed?
I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.. Gary

Bookmark   September 17, 2008 at 10:34PM
miken_2008

As far as I am aware there is no negative with going with an N coil the reason for that design is to increase coil surface while keeping the cabinet size small. If you want an A coil you better be prepared for a 20+ inch high coil

Here is a link that might be useful: Air Conditioning and Heating Repair Made Easy

Bookmark   September 17, 2008 at 10:51PM
More Discussions
Need help choosing an efficient HRV Air Exchanger
Hi, My house as a total area of 2300 square feet (1150*x)....
Jim_Lafleur
Frozen radiators!
My boiler failed, and all the radiators froze and split....
mtvhike
Insulating floor on my raised home in Louisiana.
We recently installed solar panels on our home. We...
ktyler1320
I Like the Forum Changes
IMO; this new forum setup is an improvement...
udarrell
Navian condensing combi, good or bad?
Hi, I am looking into converting from oil to gas and...
rickyk22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™