Looking for two-color cable scarf pattern

Lindsey_CANovember 7, 2010

No, I'm not asking for anyone to send me copyrighted patterns.

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for a two-color cable? My niece's husband is a die-hard Chicago Bears fan, and I'd like to make him a navy-and-orange cable scarf to wear when he goes to games. I'm having a hard time finding patterns. I found this one, but I don't like the "loops" on the ends 'cuz the scarf is for a guy. Don't know if the pattern shows how to make it without the loops...

Thanks in advance if anyone knows of one and can point me in the right direction.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ghostlyvision

There are quite a few free knit cable scarf patterns available at Ravelry, look through the link below and hopefully you'll find something that will work for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Knit Cable Scarves/Ravelry

Bookmark   November 7, 2010 at 7:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lindsey_CA

I had checked Ravelry a while back, but didn't find anything that fit what my train of thought was. I've knitted bunches of cabled scarves and hats, so I don't really need cable patterns, per se. The vision I had in my head was a scarf with three cables, and the two outer cables and edging, etc., would be one color (navy), with an orange cable in the center. I like the pattern from Handicraft Cafe (click on the link in my first post), but I don't like the loops at the bottom.

But, tonight I happened to see a two-color brioche moss stitch, which I think will work out great. (Cables come nowhere near this!) Looks easy enough to do and I'm excited to start the project. If it turns out decently, I'll post a photo. :-)

Bookmark   November 10, 2010 at 3:32AM
More Discussions
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
I want to learn to knit or crochet.
I have no one to teach me. Which is easier to learn...
eclair
Bargello-like Long Crochet Potholder pattern
When I was a kid (70's?), I made my mom some potholders...
lascatx
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™