Where to put Heat Pump

dhustonMay 23, 2011

In final planning stages of building a new house and I have some questions about where to place the outdoor equip for Heat and A/C. System will have two units, one for downstairs one for upstairs. Would like to place both outdoor units on the same side of the house but that would place one unit a good ways away from the air handler. Does this make a big difference?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tigerdunes

dhuston

shortest distance is always the best;however not always practical. where will upstairs air handler be located? distance to possible locations of outside HP condenser? how does dealer propose to locate refrigerant lineset between air handler and condenser?

post back.

IMO

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 3:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dhuston

Upstairs air handler will be in a mechanical room near the center of the house. Preferred location of outside units will be about be about 16ft from downstairs air handler and about 36ft from upstairs not counting the difference in height. Dont know how the dealer would want to do it as I haven't started getting bids yet. How do they normally run the refrigerant to the air handler? Through the slab or through the wall?

Thanks

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 3:46PM
More Discussions
$10,000 for a Furnace and A/C? Seems pricey....
Hello, So we bought our house a bit over a year ago...
bonsaicowboy
Rheem Econet AC
Does anyone know when the new Rheem econet Ac units...
bdubb5
auxiliary heat vs. emergency heat
Greetings, I have a Bryan Evoltion Control heat pump...
decadent
New Bryant legacy vs 5 year old carrier infinity
My parents need a new a.c., There's is broken and probably...
David
Any Reviews/Feedback on Daikin HVAC (Dallas)
Anyone install a Daikin HVAC system yet? We are in...
DallasArts
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™