gloves

Vique_PaNovember 16, 2008

Can someone please tell me what is the purpose of fingerless gloves, since I don't think they are going to keep your fingers warm. Vique.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
damascusannie

Oh, I wear fingerless gloves or better for me, fingerless mittens quite a lot. If you are doing anything that requires the use of your fingers in cold weather, they do make a difference. Will your hands be as warm as if you are wearing full gloves or mittens? No, but it's still a vast improvement over no protection at all. I knit my own fingerless mitts and in fact, need to knit some new ones for this winter.

Annie

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 4:34PM
cannahavana

I wear a fingerless glove on my right hand when I go to the range to target practice in the winter. It is difficult to get a fingered glove on a trigger! :)

Rebecca

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 5:17PM
Vique_Pa

Thank you for answering me, ladies. Mystery solved. Vique

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 8:25PM
donna_loomis

Mom says her hands get cold, even indoors. But wearing full gloves indoors is very impractical, as you can't really grip anything with them on. But I made her some short-fingered gloves with a nice soft cashmere blend and she says they really do keep her hands warmer.

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 2:30AM
damascusannie

I forgot to mention that I have both inside and outside mitts. My studio can get very cold if the wind comes from the right (wrong?) direction, so I keep a pair up there as well.

Annie

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 9:17AM
quirkpod

Civil War and Revolutionary War re-enacters use them for a part of their costumes. I use them as a Victorian costume accessory while Chrimas caroling each Christmas. Email me for a photo link.

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 9:52PM
sandisew

Fingerless gloves are great if you are typing in a cold office! They help to keep your hands warm and working.

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 11:18PM
More Discussions
What have you made lately?
Made this scarf for my niece for Christmas. The photo...
Lindsey_CA
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™