favorite cowl pattern

sandra_fergusonNovember 18, 2008

It snowed last night and I feel in the 'need' of a cowl...I've seen several different patterns..some in a lace pattern, some in various rib patterns...does anyone have a favorite they would share? I have some mohair that would feel cozy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tami_ohio

My favorite is to do a provisional cast on as wide as you want it, do a 2 x 2 rib as long as you want it, and twist it before you graft the two ends together. Very simple. I did one from a pattern that was nice, but it's way too wide for my short neck and is too bunched up and uncomfortable.

Tami

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 9:36AM
sandra_ferguson

Thanks....but, I was planning on doing it on circular needles (I HATE to pearl!) Sounds like, though, after a few inches are done, it would be a good idea to thread the stitches onto a string and 'try on' for size. My stitches are always loose and I have to watch, or things are way too big....sometimes this means that my husband gets my 'products'..(the socks with a little blocking, are fine for him, but don't think he'd like a mohair cowl!) lol

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 9:42AM
damascusannie

If you want to make one with a twist on circular needles, just twist the first round one revolution when you knit the first row. That should work except that you won't be able to do the ribbing because it will run the wrong direction. I'm with you, why have a seam when it's so easy to knit in the round?

Annie

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
profsusan
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
reading a rowan pattern
I'm new to Rowan patterns and am puzzled from the beginning....
mdwimm
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™