NIce combination of yarns!

nancybcOctober 13, 2007

HI,

While picking out yarn to do some gift scarves, I found that lots of the Lion Homespun goes with the Yarn Bee Soft Delight.(Hobby Lobby Brand) I paired Covered Bridge(two strands) with Soft Delight Dark Blue(one strand) and Montana Sky( again two strands) with one strand of Dark Blue Soft Delight and both scarves turned out great! The Soft Delight adds a little eyelash that jazzes up the Homespun. I knitted both on 25 circular needles lengthwise (CO 100) and knitted about 8 rows width. Any easy pattern works. Really lacy and lovely with fringe!

Hope you try it!

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ct_iris

Since there's no Hobby Lobby in New England :( I'll take your word for it, that the yarns go together :) Knitting the scarf lengthwise sounds interesting, though. I'd like to try that. What size needles did you use?

Bookmark   October 15, 2007 at 11:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancybc

Hi Iris,
Hobby Lobby has a website- but choosing colors that way can be tough. Patons makes a Cha Cha that might work- or any soft eyelash type yarn that you can find and play with.
I've been using double strands on 19s and 25 circular. Depends on how lacy I want to get. I found my 25 circulars at yarncountry.com and really like them! I can do a scarf in about two hours and go on to the next one- or not-lol! I'm a basic knitter and like quick finished projects so the big needles are great. 19s are wonderful for a bulkier scarf with two strands of worsted or #5 yarns.
Seems like lengthwise goes fast for basic knitting but fancy patterns would be hard to figure out. Ribs are good if you don't mind purling for 100 sts in a row. Drop Stitch or twisted drop stitch is also fun and easy to do.
Hope this helps!
Nancy

Bookmark   October 15, 2007 at 4:30PM
More Discussions
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
Crochet Owl Fingerless Gloves
If you have some left over yarn you can easily to make...
jane_green
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
profsusan
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
sesame Street Patterns
I have some charts of the characters. I saw some people...
clare1501
Sponsored Products
Ambrose Walnut Sideboard
Dot & Bo
Hat-Like Iron and Acrylic Table Lamp
ParrotUncle
Carnation Home Fashions Diamond Patterned Embroidered Fabric Shower Curtain - FS
$18.75 | Hayneedle
Kichler Lacey Collection 5-Light Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Christopher Knight Home Francisco White Bonded Leather Club Chair
Overstock.com
Kiam Oushak Rug 9'9" x 13'9" - SLATE
$4,449.00 | Horchow
Dabmar Copper Hanging Lantern Path Light
Lamps Plus
Illumine Lamps Designer 29 in. Dark Walnut CFL Table Lamp CLI-LS-21898
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for: