I love this site!!

tipper_2006October 4, 2006

I just found this great family of needle workers and already feel like I've found a long lost sisterhood. I've read almost all of your postings and checked out the Galley for photos. You have given great advice and hints and I'm looking forward to checking in every day. I hope I can contribute.

Thanks

Barbara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scrappyjack

This site is awesome! Sometimes I feel like the odd one in my family because I JUST GOTTA KNIT SOMETHING!!!!!!! No one else seems to share my passion. My Grandma-in-Law taught me to knit and now I try to knit mittens for my kids each Christmas, (got a pair in the makings now). I'm also working on a sweet Flying Geese afaghan. I'm doing these in between 2 quilts and a penny rug. All but the afghan are Birthday or Christmas gifts.
I love this time of year! My husband accepts my excuse for not getting housework done....Got to get these Christmas gifts taken care of !

Have fun,
Jackie

Bookmark   October 5, 2006 at 8:32AM
lawmar

Welcome to the forum girls, I love your enthusiasm. It's a great place to come for advice when you get stuck and to share ideas and patterns. I came in here 4 years ago when I started to learn to knit and have gotten lots of help from the knitsters in here. I check in here everyday to see what's new. I don't know what I would do without it.

Bookmark   October 5, 2006 at 9:48AM
fuddyduddy

Ladies, I must admit this site is awesome in some regards, but if you would like several that are busier, and just as kind/nice, email me, and I will send some links for your enjoyment. I have several sites that I visit almost daily, and always have some good conversation, as well as exchanging patterns, and getting help for any problems.
Look forward to hearing from ya.

Bookmark   October 7, 2006 at 5:47PM
tipper_2006

Thanks Fuddyduddy. Send them on:-) Do you need an email address? I'm checking this one every day but would love the chance to explore. I've picked up so many hints and advice on things that I'm anxious to pick up my needles again to knit. I've mainly been crocheting.
Barb

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 12:03PM
More Discussions
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
Bargello-like Long Crochet Potholder pattern
When I was a kid (70's?), I made my mom some potholders...
lascatx
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™