Replacing condensate pump

alabamanicoleMay 22, 2011

The 9 year old condensate pump on my AC failed last night. It is making a lot of noise and the impeller runs but is no longer pumping water for some reason. I've torn it down, cleaned it and re-installed it, and it *looks* like it should work, but no luck. There was a lot of nasty gunk inside; I don't think it was ever cleaned out.

The existing pump is a Beckett CU401UL but they no longer make this model. Since I'll have to order one online, can any of the HVAC gurus recommend a pump? I need at least 15' of head, 3/8" ID outlet, 1" inlet, and both quiet and energy efficient are highly desired characteristics.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_home

I have the Diversitech Condensate Pumps in my house. I think it is the CP-22 models, but I would have to check. These were installed by the HVAC contractor. So far they have worked well.

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 11:55AM
alabamanicole

The Diversitech's seemed to have quality control issues, so I went with a Little Giant. I've used many as pond and aquarium pumps and on that end they are unglamorous workhorses which tend to be a little too loud and hot but reliable.

Besides CAN a condensate pump in my basement be glamorous?

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 4:48PM
mycoonce_hotmail_com

When I had a new furnace, air conditioner put in, shouldn't the company have also put in a new condensation pump instead of using my old one?

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 9:19AM
countryboymo

I would say they should have replaced the pump on a new install.

On the Beckett pump it sounds like the issue might be the check valve but if so it might not live long after replacing the check valve if you can even find one. Pump replacement would probably be the best answer.

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 12:30PM
brickeyee

"When I had a new furnace, air conditioner put in, shouldn't the company have also put in a new condensation pump instead of using my old one?"

What did the contract say?

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 3:08PM
More Discussions
Propane furnace
I am considering replacing propane furnace & A/C...
zver11
$10,000 for a Furnace and A/C? Seems pricey....
Hello, So we bought our house a bit over a year ago...
bonsaicowboy
Need help with my Heat Pump
I have a 2 ton carrier air handler that is 410-A compatible....
Jason Johnson
Are mini-splits a bad idea.
I have lived in both Europe and the Middle East and...
bry911
Need help choosing an efficient HRV Air Exchanger
Hi, My house as a total area of 2300 square feet (1150*x)....
Jim_Lafleur
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™