worthwhile project

dcrowexOctober 21, 2009

Just thought I would post this in case anyone was interested. I have been crocheting bears for a charity called the Mother Bear Project that basically sends these bears to 3rd world countries to children with HIV/AIDS. I have a lot of leftover yarn laying around that I use on this. This is nice when I don't have a project and just want to work on "something". Patterns are free and very easy. Crochet is all one stitch. Just passing it on in case anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mother Bear Project

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gabriell_gw

I've been knitting bears for Mother Bear for some time.My picture is on their web site. It's on the page under photo gallery. There are children's pictures and a page for "knitters".I'm on the first row holding three bears.My dress is black.This has been such a rewarding project. I use left over sock yarn for the clothing.

Bookmark   October 21, 2009 at 11:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dcrowex

Well for Heaven' sake, that is good to hear. I am going to look at the photo gallery and check it out. You must be one of the super knitters! I have 4 more ready to send and it takes me awhile to do them since I can only do it in the evenings. Since I cannot embroider, I don't do the eyes. I tried and just made a big mess but they were kind enough to tell me to just send the bears and they would take care of adding the eyes/nose/mouth. You are right, its a good feeling when I put one in the "done" pile. The pictures of these children with these bears just warm my heart.

Bookmark   October 22, 2009 at 12:51PM
More Discussions
Lined Mittens
I am knitting my first pair of mittens. Have not knitted...
colorcrazy
reading a rowan pattern
I'm new to Rowan patterns and am puzzled from the beginning....
mdwimm
Granny Square vest
I knit a lot while riding my exercise bike. I want...
barb_roselover_in
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™