Where do you knit?

scrappyjackOctober 16, 2006

After reading the message on the forum about knitting at baseball games.... I got to thinking, I never did participate, or even hear of knit night at a game, but I do knit at my kids' baseball and soccer games, and while I wait for them to get out of catichism class.

I also like to knit during the Steeler games on TV!

Where do you all (or as we say in Steeler country) Where do YOU'NS knit?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ironkit

I knit everywhere. I knit in class. I knit in the library, in my crafting room, in my bedroom, in the hallways at school, at the breakroom at work... I knit everywhere.

I feel lost without my knitting.

~ Kit

Bookmark   October 16, 2006 at 2:58PM
donna_loomis

I knit ALMOST everywhere. The one place that I won't knit is at a baseball or football game. I like to keep my work clean, and those places feel "dirty" to me. I knit at restaurants while we're waiting for our meal to arrive. I knit anytime DH is driving. I knit while visiting with family (my house OR theirs). I knit on BART. I even knit in church (I know, I'm bad). I actually get more knitting done when I'm not at home, than I do when I am home. We just adopted a litter of 2 kittens who don't know the difference between the little balls of yarn that I've specifically made for them and the ones that are supposed to be my toys.

Bookmark   October 16, 2006 at 3:50PM
dcrowex

for me, usually in front of the TV while i enjoy my shows at night. it seems to be the only time i am actually in one place after the kids are all settled down.

deb

Bookmark   October 16, 2006 at 4:32PM
dances_in_garden

Anywhere I can. That includes standing in line LOL. Want to keep people from bumping you in a busy line? Knit a pair of socks with DPNs sticking out everywhere ;)

Bookmark   October 16, 2006 at 5:22PM
hallngarden

I'm always knitting at home, watching tv. Always take knitting when we go to the doctors. Never know how long it will take before the doc shows up. I don't get quite as angry waiting when I'm busy knitting.

Bookmark   October 27, 2006 at 2:48PM
msmeow

Mostly in front of the TV or while reading a book!

Kit, don't you get in trouble knitting in class?

Donna

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 11:59AM
tami_ohio

Anyplace I get the chance! Donna, I have a friend in my Thurs. knitting group who crochets in church. When the pastor mentioned it, she told him that she listens better while crocheting and what she crochets in church are charity items. She makes it a point not to crochet anything else in church. She is more relaxed and attentive while crocheting and uses a pattern that she already knows without having to keep the pattern handy to keep looking at, so that doesn't create a distraction for her or for others.

Dances, I can see you doing that!

I usually knit while DH drives, but that only works when I'm not dizzy with motion sickness when driving/riding whru the mountains!

Tami

Bookmark   November 4, 2006 at 8:22PM
fliptx

I knit in front of the computer a lot. I have a slow modem, so while I'm waiting for a webpage to load, I knit a row ;)

Bookmark   November 14, 2006 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Crochet Owl Fingerless Gloves
If you have some left over yarn you can easily to make...
jane_green
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
profsusan
What have you made lately?
Made this scarf for my niece for Christmas. The photo...
Lindsey_CA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™