E Z baby surprise jacket help! please!

granniemableSeptember 25, 2010

I need help with this pattern. I'm at the 5 ridges and need to inc 9. I would like very much if someone who has made this pattern would walk me thru this. I just not sure how I start dec after I have inc the 9?? I really what to get this problem solved so I have have a good nite sleep,If you know what I mean! Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

I have knit many, many of these. I usually just cast on the increases in that is called for in that row when I cast on the sweater's first row, and then I don't worry about the increases for that row when I get to it. (Casting on makes the sleeves wider right at the elbow, and since I like to lengthen the sleeves, it looks better.)

You will be increasing 9 stitches on both of the side sections(which are the sleeves), not the back.

You continue to do the decreases every other row in the same spot just like you have been doing, even with the increase of 9 stitches evenly spaced on either side. I just do the math, divide by 9 on each side of the back, and after each group, do a backwards loop increase. Then when I knit the next row, I knit into the BACK of the cast on stitch, which will make the hole that develops from the increase less obvious.

Is this what you need to know?

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 6:05PM
sheilajoyce_gw

I need to proof what I write! In the statement above, I tried to explain that I usually cast on the 18 stitches called for in the increase row when I cast on the sweater. This will give me a nice sleeve width at the elbow. The sleeves are elbow length, and I like full length, so I just pick up those stitches when I am finished knitting and add a few inches and a ribbed cuff. The picked up row is not as obvious if the increases are cast on at the beginning.

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 9:45PM
granniemable

I'm sending hugs and kisses to everyone who helped!

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
Sponsored Products
Progress Lighting P2007-20 Bravo Four-Light Antique Bronze Bath Light With Umber
Progress Lighting
Queens Velvet Persimmon Fabric by the Yard
Ballard Designs
Adesso Aries Steel Two-Light Floor Lamp
$64.79 | LuxeDecor
Elk Lighting 91-267 Acorn Drop Table Lamp - 91-267
$150.00 | Hayneedle
AndTradition | Trash Me Table Lamp
$125.00 | YLighting
Romanoff Heirloom Bronze Three-Light Clear Heritage Handcut Crystal Wall Sconce,
Bellacor
Safavieh Ultimate Cream/ Smoke Shag Rug (5'3 x 7'6)
Overstock.com
Calynda Nightstand - BLACK
$1,029.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™