Fun Fur Scarf Pattern Anyone?

trudymomSeptember 1, 2007

I'd like to make a friend a fun fur scarf that she can just wear over a sweater--not one of the wide ones for over a winter coat. Do any of you have a tried and true pattern that you enjoyed making?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

You didn't mention whether you wanted to knit one or crochet one. In truth, if you are only going to use Fun Fur it will be easier to knit than crochet. And the stitch pattern is absolutely not important, as you won't be able to see your stitches anyway. A simple garter stitch will do.

I love the potato chip scarves. But I use a yarn besides the Fun Fur for all but the last two rows. Use something soft and maybe the same color or a lighter or darker shade. The Fun Fur makes a glitzy trim for the edge.

Here is a link that might be useful: Potato Chip Scarf

Bookmark   September 2, 2007 at 12:56AM
trudymom

donna_loomis, sorry that I did not state that I need this to be a knit pattern. I like your idea of using yarn in addition to the fun fur. Anyone know of a pattern for that?--if not, suggestions on how many to cast on?

Thank you!

Bookmark   September 2, 2007 at 7:54AM
donna_loomis

You can do that with any pattern. Here is one: http://julisjots.blogspot.com/2005/08/simple-fun-and-fancy-fur-scarf-knit-or.html

Also, check out knitting pattern central. You will find tons of patterns there, many for a beginner.

Here is a link that might be useful: lots of scarves

Bookmark   September 2, 2007 at 2:08PM
More Discussions
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
reading a rowan pattern
I'm new to Rowan patterns and am puzzled from the beginning....
mdwimm
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™