A couple of FO's

donna_loomisSeptember 8, 2008

I finished the BSJ I was making for Exaiden and he agreed to model it for us even though it is over 100 degrees outside.

I also finished the Delft Delight afghan that has been shoved aside everytime I had something else to do. Even though there was little sewing and all the squares were crocheted onto each other, it just bored me SO much. There were 148 ends to weave in PER SQUARE! Add the edging to that and there were over 2200 ends to weave in! I hope somebody kicks me in the head if I ever say I want to make that one again, LOL.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maggie4

Hi Donna, Beautiful afghan and cute sweater. Now I'll have to try that sweater. Love the colors on both. Over 100 out in sunny Ca. Just over 45 here. Burrr. I have started my sweater again.......
Beautiful little model. Can see he loves Grammy.
Stay cool

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 10:20AM
brenoreo

You do beautiful work! Your little model is precious and shows off your work beautifully. I don't like working in the ends on crochet either, and cannot make myself work on something like a bedspread because of making so many of the same square and then having to sew it together. My hat is off to you. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 10:33AM
sheilajoyce_gw

Another cute BSJ and grandson! But, Donna, you have to be crazy to make an afghan requiring that many ends to be worked in. Perhaps I should say that if you weren't crazy, you are now after doing all those ends! I think only a masochist or someone doing serious penance would make an afghan with that many ends to work in. Imagine if you were making that pattern into a full size coverlet!!!!!!

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 12:41PM
donna_loomis

Sheilajoyce, you're right. I AM crazy. I don't know what I was thinking when I began the project. And don't let the picture fool you. That thing is more than 4' wide and 6' long. Believe me, I am not a masochist, so I guess I am "absolved" for a long time to come, LOL.

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 1:12PM
tami_ohio

Cute model, and an absolutely gorgeous afghan!

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 3:43PM
suebdoo

donna, your work is just beautiful!
Exaiden is a little sweetheart!
Thanks for sharing.

Sue

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 6:07PM
cannahavana

Donna, if you don't mind me asking, how old is your little model? I made a BSJ and wasn't quite sure what size it is for and no one to model it on.

Love your afgan!

Rebecca

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 9:32PM
donna_loomis

Rebecca, Exaiden is 13 months old. I used worsted weight and either size 7 or 8 needles. I just finished it last week and I can't remember. I really am getting old, LOL.

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 9:50PM
cannahavana

Thanks Donna! I need to add cuffs, a collar and the buttons and it will be ready to give away. I do know a couple of little ones in that age range. I also did mine in worsted on size 8 needles.

Rebecca

Bookmark   September 9, 2008 at 8:31AM
More Discussions
sesame Street Patterns
I have some charts of the characters. I saw some people...
clare1501
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
Sponsored Products
Dual Exposed Thermostatic Shower Faucet, Rigid Riser Kit & Round Head
Hudson Reed
Felicia Chrome and Crystal 9-light Candle Chandelier
Overstock.com
Little Chiller Canvas Table Storage Bag - 1COV5186
$27.99 | Hayneedle
Kartell | Maui Armless Chair, Set of 2
$500.00 | YLighting
Possini Euro Woven Rings 23" Wide Chrome Light Fixture
Euro Style Lighting
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Hampton Bay Alida 52 in. Liquid Nickel Ceiling Fan YG222-LN
Home Depot
Amiel Arch Antiqued Leaner Mirror
Ballard Designs
Lisse Wall Sconce by Hubbardton Forge
$290.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™