new knitter help

bug42362August 10, 2008

Hi...I have just taken up knitting, and successfully completed 2 scarves. I have just started a baby afghan on circular needles, it had 5 rows of just knit stitch then started a simple 4 row pattern that is repeated. Here is my question, I had completed about 5 repeats of the 4 row pattern, stopped working for a week or so and picked up work again. After finishing 2 repeats of the 4 row pattern and put my work down to cook dinner, when I picked it back up and look at all the work it looks like the last 2 repeats are in reverse of the previous ones....how did this happen on a circular needle ( what did I do for this to happen0???? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

You probably started knitting with the wrong needle in yoyur right hand and changed the direction you were going. Be sure that when you are using circular needles that the needle in your right hand has the working end of the yarn coming off the stitch next to the right needle's tip. You probably put that needle in your left hand and started knitting away, thus reversing direction.

Bookmark   August 10, 2008 at 10:08PM
More Discussions
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
Crochet Owl Fingerless Gloves
If you have some left over yarn you can easily to make...
jane_green
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™