looking for a knitted xmas stocking X LARGE

krazyknitterAugust 15, 2007

I am looking for a pattern to knit a LARGE xmas stocking......hope someone can help me tk you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tami_ohio

krazyknitter, can you already knit socks? If so, unless you want to knit a design into it, just cast on as many stitches as you want. At the heel, you will still devide the sts in half for the heel flap. To turn the heel, you will still purl to 2 sts past center, purl 2 tog, purl 1, turn. Follow the heel turning directions for your basic sock pattern, just use your numbers, instead of the ones given. The basic instructions stay the same.

I did a green and white stocking this way for my grandson's first Christmas. White band at the top, I graphed out his name and did that in red in the white band (my one and only attempt at knitting in a design!), then the rest of the stocking in green. It's probably 6 or 7 inches across the top, and 12 or 14 inches long. Foot is probably 10" long. Theses measurements are from memory, as the stocking is packed away, but it was simple to do without a pattern, except for the graph I made of his name.

Tami

Bookmark   August 16, 2007 at 7:57AM
krazyknitter

Tami..........tks for the info.yes i do knit socks and i will try the lager size again tk you

Bookmark   August 16, 2007 at 2:26PM
Carol_Ann

Here's a link that might help. It has several stocking patterns. Have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas patterns

Bookmark   August 16, 2007 at 2:27PM
tami_ohio

You are very welcome. It actually didn't take me as long as I thought it would, since I used worsted weight yarn and bigger needles.

Carol_Ann, I'm going to check out your link, also. We could use some new stockings.

Tami

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 9:46AM
More Discussions
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™